Your donation makes a difference
There are so many ways your donation, large or small, can bring about possible results for the Reserve and its programs. Read about each fund category below and choose one that resonates for you.
And, we are a 501(c)3 non-profit so your donation maybe be tax-deductible (you can consult your tax accountant).
Your donation gives us the broadest flexibility to put your funds to work for the Reserve. Examples of prior needs:
- Scholarships for research and education interns
- Building expansions and remodels
- Furniture for the Guest House and Stevens Center training room
- Operating expenses for the Foundation office
- Maintaining the research buoy
- New science equipment for the research lab
Your donation enhances the Reserve’s education programs that make the magic of the estuary ecosystem come alive. More than 10,000 school children, teachers, and public community visit the Reserve for FREE classes and experiences. Your support helps fund:
- Busloads of school kids for “mudflat safaris”
- Hands-on, research-based science education
- Teacher training on climate change
- New science equipment like microscopes
- Quarterly community education classes
- Hiring seasonal educational assistants
Your donation goes directly to the Skagit Community Foundation (SCF) in the name of the Padilla Bay Foundation (Foundation.) The principal becomes the legal property of and managed by SCF to support community needs within Skagit County. Annually, SCF determines what percentage of earnings the Foundation can opt to withdraw or roll over into the principle. Historically this is 2% – 3%. To learn more about SCF go to their Website.
The new Touch Pool is installed now and awaiting finishing touches. The Reserve facilities are still closed to the public and the Pool is not well populated with critters until we can reopen. Funds raised now will go to help finishing interpretive materials and decor and to support staff docent capability when the facility is open and enjoyed by hundreds and hundreds of visitors.